- Convention - When it enters into force(if a specified number of states have ratified it) it becomes mandatory for the contracting parties.
- Code - It is normally recommendatory unless it is made mandatory under the provisions of a convention
- Ratification - It involves the legal obligation to apply the convention.In order for IMO standards to be binding they have to be ratified by a specific number of member states.
- Tacit acceptance - Its a time bound procedure meant for most of the conventions/amendments wherein within a certain time frame a percentage of signatory countries of the particular convention should register their disapproval.If not the convention will come into force automatically.
Home » Unlabelled » Difference between code & convention, ratification & tacit acceptance
- on Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - No comments